Tuesday, February 9, 2010

lack of love poems

I try to slip from the memory
The memory of you
I know it shoudn't be so hard
It's something I can't do
I wonder if you feel the same
Is your mind so haunted
By the face and by a name
Searching, I'm undaunted
Got to shake you from my mind
To leave mem'ries of you behind

*****

A man once so delicious
Has become malicious
How'd you change, sugar
From the handsome cougar
Into some strange rebel
Who became my devil

*****

Felt only half alive with him
Dull things he'd say and do
Another story - that was Tim
I have LESS fun with you
You said every time you came
That we're a perfect match
You said love is a large flame
My heart never did catch

*****

My sky becomes a darkened gray
In disbelief that you won't stay
Love and I it seems are hexed
What in life will screw up next
Laying sprawled out on the floor
Think of him whom I adore
Eat favorites from the chocolatier
Staring at my chandelier
Without the light it is so plain
You left, my light inside will drain

***

You tell me that you love me
Your broken record's tune
"I'll spend all day with you my love"
And then you leave by noon
I try to understand your ways
My heart aches, but it's just
That every time you lie to me
I lose a little trust
In your eyes you could be right
All day means two short hours
No matter what you promise me
I heart steps back and sours
I never guessed that in this love
That I could be alone
Every time a promise breaks
My heart turns into stone

*****

This torment going on inside
I want to run, I want to hide
Press emotions deeply down
See a smile, but feel the frown
Which is left, which is right
Do i flee or stay and fight
One to sweep me off my feet
I worry he is, as we meet
Love's torture, sweetness and pain
Please God, is it love again?

****

No comments:

Post a Comment