Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A day not mine

Paris. It's true. They are rude there. But the land.... the land welcomes you right in. If you ever get a chance to watch a sunset from any bridge in Paris, it will sing into your soul and forever alter your outlook on life. Real cups. I love the real cups at the cafes here. Not like america with the plastic/styrafoam/get out of here as soon as possible kind of cups. Even the cups welcome you. If you happen to meet someone and your accent is very well faked, they may be nice to you. I met a lovely young lady at the salon de thé. About as short as me but with one of those perfect poet style bodies and the best haircut you could ever see. Black hair. Crystal blue eyes. I'll bet they spend lots of money on haircuts -the women usually look so well put together. As if they have a great pride in who they are as opposed to here where it's for pure vain reasons of trying to impress someone else. I tried the Mont Blanc. Chestnuts and merengue. So delicious.
Walked along the Seine later. It's no wonder Monet was inspired. I bought about eighteen postcards. Not sure why. I'll never send them. But the peddler was so kind in helping me choose the "best" ones. I couldn't resist. Perhaps they aren’t so rude. Yes, I have to say most of my money was lost on the bouquinistes. I'm staying in the hotel Amour. Silly, I know, but where else to write a romance novel?? They have the old cast iron tubs still. I soaked and read a book. The fixtures and walls are older, but the painting - the walls looked to me like a Dali painting, but in black and white. Leave it to the french to perfectly mingle old and new.
I'm sure someone will ask, no. I did not go to the Louvre. I don't like the crowds. Instead I went to the Petit Palais. Not nearly as impressive, I'm sure, but I enjoyed it all the same. I liked the medieval panels and the ceramics the best. Well, i'm sure you're bored with my little trip. So I'll end the writings for today. Until the next trip, au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment